Pages

Online Marketing Tips - Creating A To-Do List That Works And Delegating To Others

Saturday 18 January 2014

Creating a daily to-do list can help you to grow your business exponentially. As you do this you'll want to think about the overall goals you have for your business, whether you should personally do the task or delegate it to someone else, and whether each item on your list moves you closer to your goals or further away from them. Let's take a closer look at each of these.
You must have a general idea about what you would like to accomplish in your business before you ever begin. Once that is clear, make a list of what is necessary in order for you to achieve what you have put together for yourself. For example, if you have an online business then blogging twice a week can be crucial to your success. It makes sense that writing blog posts would be an item on your list, as well as a sentence or two about what you will be writing about the next time you post. The idea is to be able to pick up your to-do list the next morning and to jump right in with the activities you need to work on and complete.
Many items you will add to your list either don't belong on your list in the first place because they are more personal than business related, or would be better off delegated to someone else. Go through your list with a fine tooth comb before adding any items. In the beginning, my list was filled with household chores and other things related to family life. Once I made the distinction between work and family everything fell into place. I also began to delegate activities in both areas, freeing up my time immensely.
For everything you do each day, ask yourself if it is moving you closer to your dreams and goals or further away from them. For example, this morning I am writing and submitting this article, then I have a call with a client, and after that I am going for a thirty minute walk. Each of these activities is moving me closer to my goals of building a profitable business and improving my health and fitness level. Each of these items is also on the to-do list I created yesterday afternoon, so I know exactly what I am doing.
You can see that a to-do list can be helpful, as long as you are willing to think about the specific tasks and activities before adding anything to your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment